Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/keeblerx/addergoole.com/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 112

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Addergoole Forum - View topic - Chapter 58 - Shahin

Chapter 58 - Shahin 
The Author

Post Chapter 58 - Shahin
:-)

~Lyn

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:08 am
Post Re: Chapter 58 - Shahin
Man I totally can't remember my password again and I'm much too lazy to dig it up just to post one thing, but I just had to pop on here and say:

THE PILLS! I KNEW IT! *cackles*

Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:39 am
demigod

I feel like I missed something. Did Shahin suspect she was pregnant before this chapter? And she doesn't seem... angry enough in the first half. Or confused, or upset, or scared, or any number of emotions. I mean, maybe she is, but she's not thinking she is so I'm not seeing it?

Did I miss something?

Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:22 am
Profile WWW
I know this is a work of fiction, and yet this chapter *still* made me mind-blowingly angry. I'm a pretty pacificistic fellow, but if I were Shahin I'd grab a knife and the handcuffs, tell every 5th Cohort the truth that instant, and then decide whether to slit Regine's scheming throat then and there or cuff her, gag her and let the 5ths figure out what to do with her. Ugh.

I suppose this is why I have a love/hate relationship with Addergoole; it makes me so damn angry at times, what these kids are subjected to, but it is the mark of truly superb fiction that I can care so much.

I think I'm going to go kill some virtual monsters or something now.

I hope Shahin's revenge is suitably vicious and brutal. It's well deserved.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:34 am
Teacher

Clare K. R. Miller wrote:
Did I miss something?

Mind control magic? Remember how none of the freshmen were suitably freaked out the first week or so? I imagine something similar is at play here.

DPO wrote:
I hope Shahin's revenge is suitably vicious and brutal. It's well deserved.

Oh, absolutely. Actually, my hope is somehow for Shahin and Kailani to get together, figure shit out, and then do something about it. :twisted:

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:20 am
Archivist

Thoughts from Beijing: I miss twitter. Also, this does answer the question of how many kids are required. I'd wondered if it varied by student - that is, Ty is required to have more because h' has a rare trait, while other students are required to have one.

I'm with Shahin, though, I kinda hate Emrys here. She really does need to tell at least Ayla and Vi, or they'll end up in a world of trouble just like she is in.

I wonder how soon we'll get to the abandon/give up for adoption/abort debate. Soon, I think. The way the girls are the ones (literally) screwed over longterm is just charming. I am hoping that there's some mechanism in place if the girls don't want to raise the kids, but I somehow doubt it. I have this vision of babies in baskets left at the side of the road, up until their mothers are geased into taking care of them.

Anyone have a feel for whether Kai and Conrad are actually having sex, on a side note? I know she's moved in, but I can't quite get a read on whether they're getting it on or just snuggling.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:28 am
The Author

Wysteria wrote:
Anyone have a feel for whether Kai and Conrad are actually having sex, on a side note? I know she's moved in, but I can't quite get a read on whether they're getting it on or just snuggling.

Interlude: Conrad. :-)

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:33 pm
Third Cohort

So the pills were fakes to make everyone think they were safe?

And so what does the school think of the same sex couples? I bet they disapprove for obvious reasons, but how do they work around that to get those students to have kids?

Shahin sure let that anger go fast. I admit, I don't understand her motivations most of the time or her reactions. Which I think is why I enjoy reading her.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:55 pm
Profile WWW
demigod

heidicautrell wrote:
So the pills were fakes to make everyone think they were safe?

My prior speculation (and what I'm gathering from the exchange in the chapter) is no, they are not fake. They're just not fertility surpressants like birth control is commonly thought to be, but rather enhancements.

On an unrelated note: if having two children is required to graduate, do you think having more counts as "extra credit"?

~ Enthusiastically Unstable; Eloquently Retrotech ~

A font of occasional and specific wisdom.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:10 pm
demigod

Gudy wrote:
Clare K. R. Miller wrote:
Did I miss something?

Mind control magic? Remember how none of the freshmen were suitably freaked out the first week or so? I imagine something similar is at play here.

That's true--you're most likely right. I didn't notice it so much earlier because I'm used to my fiction being set in weird worlds, so I guess it surprised me because Shahin seemed to have gotten over the "not being freaked out" thing.

Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 pm
Profile WWW